Imagine finding teeth replacements that allow you to eat and smile just as you did with your natural teeth?
Dental implants can do just that and everyone would be getting them if they weren’t so expensive. But don’t get disappointed; you can find low-cost dental implants overseas.
Cost of dental implants overseas
Cost of dental implants in India – starts from $800
Cost of dental implants in Thailand – starts from $1,800
Cost of dental implants in Malaysia – starts from $1,500
Dental implants are recommended in people who have one or more missing teeth and are looking to replace them with a sturdy, stable prosthetic option.
The dental implant surgery is usually done on outpatient basis. The procedure is outlined in the steps below:
- Investigations: The first step is usually the x-rays (usually full mouth x-ray is required, also called the OPG), so the doctor can get an idea of your jaw bone and your remaining teeth, if any. A 3D CT scan may be ordered, especially if you are looking for full-mouth restoration. You can get an x-ray done locally and send it back to the doctor to prepare and discuss your treatment plan before you arrive.
- Examination and impressions: Once in the dental office, the doctor will personally examine your teeth and oral tissues. He will also make impressions to make life-size replica models of your oral cavity, so the new teeth can be planned and designed adequately.
- Anesthesia: Implants are placed under local anesthesia, which means that you’ll be awake and conscious during the procedure, but your oral tissues will be numb so you will not feel any pain there.More apprehensive patients can also be sedated with nitrous oxide during their dental procedures.
- Implant placement: Dental implants will then be securely placed inside your jawbone, so they can serve as the new root of your new teeth.
- Healing: In the traditional procedure, these implants will remain undisturbed for the next 2-3 months, so they can integrate with the jaw bone and form a strong biological bond.
- Crown/ bridge placement: Once firmly secured in their place, the doctor can easily place new crowns or bridges over the implants to serve as your new teeth.
*If immediate loading implants are used, the 3 month integration period is not required and you will be able to return with new your new teeth in 10-15 days. However, not everyone qualifies for immediate loading implants—this can be determined only after a discussion with your dentist.
You can request our best-priced dental implant packages using the form and get your treatment plan from your chosen doctor
If it is the traditional method of placing implants, you will need two trips, 3-4 months apart, for the complete treatment.
If you qualify for immediate loading implants, you can complete the treatment and return in a single trip.
To be a good candidate for dental implants you must have:
- Healthy gums and bone
- Sufficient bone height and width to accommodate an implant screw
- Good oral hygiene habits
- No major lifestyle diseases that could complicate the procedure
- General good health
There is no specific age requirement for dental implants, but you should be old enough that your jaw bone has completely grown to its full size.
Dental implants are not advised in:
- Heavy smokers
- Alcohol or substance abusers
- Pregnant women
- People with immune deficiency
- People with uncontrolled diabetes
The best way to know for sure is to get examined by your dentist, share your complete medical history, and request a customized plan for your dental implant treatment.
Simply request for our best dental implant packages by writing in to us via the form on this page
Dental implants surgery is performed under local anesthesia, which means you will not feel any pain during the procedure.
Once the affect of anesthesia has faded though, you may feel tenderness and pain on the implant site. The pain and inflammation can easily be managed with painkillers and it will soon begin to subside.
Once the implants have integrated with your bone, the difficult part it over. The dentist will place abutments and crowns/bridges over them and you’ll be good to go.
Do I need bone grafts before dental implants? The answer to this question lies in your investigation reports.
Sinus lift and bone grafting is required before dental implants, if the width and height of the bone in your jaws is not sufficient to support an implant.
Dental implants are the most popular restorative treatments for many reasons. They have a lot of benefits over conventional crowns and bridges.
So what can you expect with dental implants?
- Improved confidence: The loss of dentition is sure to cause a dip in your confidence, especially if you lose any of your front teeth. A dental implant restoration that appears natural will help regain your confidence.
- More comfort: Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth and they will allow to you to forget that you even have any replacement teeth.
- Ease of eating: Loose, sliding dentures often make it difficult for the patient to chew and eat properly. Implants are fixed within your bone and so you can eat almost anything just as before without having to worry about the denture coming off.
- Improved speech: Slurred speech is a common problem in people who wear dentures; you will not face that problem with dental implants as they are permanently fixed in their place.
- Convenience: Unlike the removable dentures, you don’t have to take the prosthesis off and wear it again at any time. You just clean and brush it as you did with your natural teeth.
- Long-term benefits: Since dental implants can be placed individually, they cause no damage to adjacent teeth, unlike removable and fixed partial dentures, both of which need grinding or support of the teeth adjacent to the gap, eventually making them weak.
Dental implants are good for your long-term dental health and hygiene.
Although it is a simple procedure, the success of your dental implant treatment largely depends upon the experience of your dentist and his selection of your case.
- As with any surgery, there are some risks in the dental implant procedure.
- Infection at implant site due to improper or inadequate hygiene
- Injury to underlying nerves
- Improper placement of implant
- Failure of implant to integrate with the bone
- Damage to adjacent teeth or other oral tissues during the surgery
- Protrusion of upper arch dental implants into your sinus
The success rates of dental implants, according to the American Academy of Implant Density, are over 98%.
World-leaders in dental implant manufacturing, Nobel Biocare have stated that dental implant survival rate after 10 years is found to be over 95 percent, as per their documented studies.
I have personally learned from a lot of dentists that the success of dental implants mostly depends upon case selection and patient compliance. So if you go to an experienced dentist and meticulously follow the post-op instructions for hygiene and implant care, your implants should not give you any problem.
Dental implants are designed to last over 25 years.
As long as the bone around your dental implants remains sturdy and you keep taking good care of your implants, they will not come off.
Other prosthesis – like crowns and bridges can only last 5–15 years, and may even require replacement in that duration.
- You can get the exact same quality of dental implants as you expect in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, or anywhere else. Companies like Nobel Biocare and Straumann make the finest dental implants, which are available in most countries.
- You pay less for dental implants in Asia or Europe because the other cost associated with the procedure—dentist’s fee, hygienist’s fee, medications, anesthesia, clinic maintenance, staff, equipment, etc. are all cheaper in these countries.
- Although one trip is sufficient for immediate loading dental implants, you may need two trips for the conventional implant procedure.
- You should plan to stay in the country for 2-3 weeks, so as to allow enough time for healing and rule out any problems before you return back home.
- If possible, you should get an OPG x-ray locally, and send it to the doctor and claim your tentative treatment plan before traveling. You can use our system to order your dental treatment plans from some of the top dentists.