Imagine having a fuller, round bottom that improves your posture and enhances your gait. A cosmetic surgeon can help enhance your flat derriere but if you are afraid of the massive expenses that it will entail, you should consider getting your butt augmentation abroad—at a credible hospital and by a skilled, experienced surgeon.
Butt augmentation is performed to enhance the size, shape, and contour of your backside. It can be performed by one of the following two methods:
- Brazilian butt lift by fat grafting
- Buttock implants
Cost of butt augmentation abroad
The cost of Brazilian butt lift at these selected destinations is as:
- Cost of brazilian butt lift in Thailand
- Cost of brazilian butt lift in Malaysia
- Cost of brazilian butt lift in India
If you think you will better qualify for implants, please request for the quote using the form on this page.
You should consider butt augmentation if:
- If your butts are flat and you’d like a more round backside
- If your butts too small for the rest of your body
- If pants, tights, swimwear do not fit properly and just hang lose over your body
- If ageing or weight-loss has left your butts lose and sagging
Also, you should be in general good health and have realistic expectations from the surgery.
To find out if you will qualify for butt augmentation abroad based on your age, health, and medical history, you can request an evaluation from one of our trusted surgeons.
Get in touch via the contact form or write to us at contact(a)unimedtravels.com
You can achieve butt enhancement with one of the below two methods:
Fat grafting to butts
Also known as the Brazilian butt lift, this method involves the following steps:
- Anesthesia – You will be given either general anesthesia or intravenous sedation, so you will not feel anything during the surgery
- Liposuction – Suction tubes are used to remove fat from your abdomen, back, sides, or thighs, and the fat is then processed for reuse
- Injection of fat – This fat is then injected into your buttocks with the help of syringes that are connected to a special cannula that moves back and forth to place the fat in multiple layers, ensuring a smooth deposit.
- Sutures – the incisions made during liposuction are then closed with sutures.
- Recovery – You will be given compression garments to wear after the surgery and drains will be inserted to remove extra fluid
- Results – The results of fat grafting are visible immediately but it will take about a year for the fat to finally settle in its place and give your bums their final shape. Normally, patients retain 60-80% of the grafted fat.
The real advantage of Brazilian butt lift is that no foreign implants are used, so it looks and feels very natural.
Butt enhancement with implants
Butt implants are advised for butt enhancement in women who do not have enough fatty tissue. On examination, your doctor will be able to tell you if this should be the method of choice for you.
Below are the steps for butt implant placement:
- Anesthesia – General anesthesia or intravenous sedation will be used before the surgery
- Incision – Incisions will be made at strategic places; it could be:
- Between both cheeks, hidden in the butt crease
- Towards the top of your bums on both sides
- Towards the bottom in gluteal crease
- Implant placement – Silicone implants for buttocks are then placed or above the gluteal muscle or inside it
- Sutures – The incisions are closed with sutures which will dissolve or be removed in the next week
- Recovery – Drains will be placed for removing any residual fluid and pain medication will be administered. You will have some post-surgical swelling, but, unlike fat grafting, your butts will be immediately enhanced and their size will pretty much remain the same over the coming months or years
The incisions made for liposuction and fat grafting are rather small, while those made for the placement of a butt implant need to be bigger.
The larger scars may take 12-18 months to fade effectively; you must discuss with your surgeon a strategic placement for the incisions so the scars are not too prominent on your butts.
The first step is to carefully select a cosmetic surgeon you can trust and a good facility that your surgery will be performed in.
Get in touch to receive our more reliable suggestions for your affordable butt augmentation overseas; request your treatment plan and proceed only if you feel comfortable.
- Consider the surgeon’s experience, skill, education and training
- Request for before after pictures of butt augmentation procedures he’s done
- See if he is able to answer your questions and make you feel comfortable
Other than that, you should:
- Discuss your medical history with the surgeon and get the advised blood tests
- Adjust any medications that you are currently taking
- Quite smoking and drinking heavily atleast 6 weeks before the surgery
- Make sure you get plenty of water and other fluids before and after the surgery; hydration is important for recovery
- See if you can get someone to accompany you on your medical trip
- Plan enough time so you don’t have to go to a sitting job immediately after your butt enhancement surgery
If you have opted for fat grafting, expect to be sore in not only your butts, but also the areas where fat has been extracted.
While recovery varies from person to person, you can expect the below:
Immediately after butt augmentation
- You will feel some pain once the effect of anesthesia wears off
- You will be made to rest for the first day and be allowed to move around slightly on day 2
- For the next 3-7 days you will not be allowed to sit or put any pressure on your bums
- You will be given compression garments to control swelling
- Pain medication and antibiotics will be prescribed but if you experience excessive pain, get in touch with your surgeon to know if it is normal
- Drains will be placed for fluid removal and they will be removed after about a week
Make sure you follow up with your surgeon and discuss any signs that make you uncomfortable
Week 1-2 after butt augmentation surgery
You have to use your buttocks while moving around every day, which make the recovery for this area slightly more prolonged
Bruising and swelling from the surgery should be almost faded by now
You will be asked to lie on your side or on your stomach, because any pressure on the butts may kill the injected fat cells
You will be given a soft pillow that allows you to sit using your thighs without touching your butt to the surface.
Flying back home after butt augmentation overseas
While you can fly back home and even resume work about two weeks of Brazilian butt lift, you will have to carry that special pillow everywhere and use it while sitting for around two months after your surgery.
If you got butt implants, it will take around 3 weeks of recovery time before you can go back home and resume work.
However, in either case you cannot get involved in any strenuous activities until you have healed completely, which may take 6-8 weeks.
It is imperative that you plan enough time for recovery in the country before getting on a long flight. Make sure you have no complications and get a fit-to-fly certificate from your surgeon before flying back home.
Under normal circumstances, the fat that is grafted in your butts should grow and age with you and will likely stay there for the rest of your life.
If you’ve opted for butt implants, they will also stay forever, unless there is some complication or they have to be removed for some reason.
Follow the diet and lifestyle changes recommended by your surgeon for long lasting results.
Significant complications in butt augmentation are not common. However, any surgery comes with a certain amount of risk and you must be careful in the post-op recovery period.
Possible complications include:
- Bad reaction to anesthesia
- Infection at the surgical site
- Excessive bleeding
- Changes in sensation due to nerve damage
- Accumulation of blood under the skin – hematoma
- Accumulation of fluid blood under the skin – seroma
- Excessive scarring
- Unsatisfactory results that may require revision surgery
Other risks include:
Some degree of fat absorption is normal but too much absorption of the grafted fat can result in asymmetry and additional fat injections over time. In some cases, upto 40% of the injected fat may get absorbed but these outcomes cannot be predicted in advance.
In butt implants procedure, there is a small risk of the implant moving from its place and causing asymmetry.
To plan your butt enhancement overseas, simply send us your requirements, preferred destination, contact details and concerns using the form on this page.
We will send you our trusted cosmetic surgeons’ profiles and facilities, based on the requirements you have mentioned. You can then plan your treatment with the one that best meets your needs.
You can use our service to find the best hospitals for Brazilian butt lift surgery.