UniMed Travels (UMT) is highly committed to protecting client privacy. Please read the following statement to understand how your privacy is protected, what data is collected, and how it is used by UMT.
- The collection, process, and use of personal data—name, address, contact information, medical history and details, racial and ethnic origin, health, et cetera.—is undertaken for the purpose of coordination of medical and travel services for the client. The data collected from you is shared with your chosen healthcare provider so they can contact you with the treatment details and other information you need to plan your medical trip. All the hospitals in our network are requested to maintain the same regard for privacy of user data , but UMT assumes no responsibility in case of any mishandling of data by any hospital that is posted on our website.
- If you seek our assistance to find medical providers, we may use the data, and ask for certain other information, in order to best match you with healthcare and logistics providers and provide other services, unless we receive your express consent for other uses.
- You can continue to use our website without providing any personal data to us. However, the IP addresses and location can be recorded and traced back to the specific user. UMT does not use such data for any promotional purposes or share it with any third party. We may however, track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and clients.
- UMT may use the personal data for its own advertising and will send the user email, sms or by mail information about UMT, new products, providers, special offers et cetera.
- UMT does not permit passing of the personal data to third parties. We will share the data with an outside party only in the following events:
Opt-out policy: UMT clients have the right at any time to choose how we may use their specific information with effect for the future. If, at any time after registering with us, you change your mind about receiving information or about our sharing of your information with third parties, please send an email with a brief explanation of your new choice to email@example.com, mentioning your name, address and username (if any).
- As required and permitted by law, we will share personal data with companies, organisations, or individuals outside UMT if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to enforce applicable terms of service, address security or technical issues, or protect against harm to the rights of UMT.
A cookie is a piece of text asking permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive, the general purpose of which is to help a web site owner analyze web traffic on their site or allow an owner to adapt its web application for you based on your individual preferences.
The UniMed Travels website uses only temporary session cookies as part of the client web navigation experience, tracking unique IDs and information you input for a particular web site session only. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We are aware that many people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. We highly value the relationships we have with our clients and respect these concerns but you must understand that cookies do not give us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This practice is strictly enforced.
Changes in Policy
UniMed Travels reserves the right to alter, revise, replace, or supplement this Privacy Statement from time to time; you are therefore encouraged to review this page at regular intervals or whenever you visit/use the website.
Questions regarding this statement or the practices of this website can be directed to the email or phone number provided on the website.